2018-2019 Pre-K RegistrationClick here for a list of frequently asked questions and answers about Pre-K at the Drane Learning Center.Haga clic aquí para obtener una lista de preguntas frecuentes y respuestas sobre Pre-K en el Drane Learning Center.All Pre-Kinder classes are housed at the Drane Learning Center.CISD offers two options for Pre-K students who must be age 4 by Sept. 1, 2018.Dual Language Program Pre-K: Where students learn in both English and Spanish languages, and desire to continue elementary school in the Dual Langauge Program at Sam Houston Elementary.Regular Pre-K: Pre-K offered to qualified families. See list below of eligibility requirements.There is a Student and Parent Information and Pre-Registration onTuesday, April 10, 2018 - 5pm-6pm Dual Language Pre-K; 6pm-7pm Regular Pre-K
2018-2019 Eligibility Requirements for free Pre-Kindergarten programs at CISD.
Please bring the following documents required for enrollment in either the Dual Lanuage Pre-K, or the state required Pre-K.
- The student must be age 4 as of Sept. 1, 2018
- Be unable to speak and comprehend the English language
- Be educationally disadvantaged, which means a student eligible to participate in the national free or reduced-price lunch program
- Be homeless, as defined by 42 United States Code (U.S.C.) Section 1143a, regardless of the residence of the child, of either parent of the child, or of the child's guardian or other person having lawful control of the child
- Be the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority;
- Be the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty;
- Be in, or have been in, the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code;
- Be the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as a peace officer (3106.002), firefighter (3106.003), or emergency medical first responder (3106.004
- certified birth certificate,
- social security card,
- current shot records, and
- proof of address (current utility bill)