Corsicana ISD End of Year Awards
The Corsicana Independent School District celebrated the last day of school with special recognition of selected staff sponsored by the Corsicana Education Foundation.
Award winners were honored by their peers, principals, Superintendent Dr. Diane Frost, and members of the CISD Board of Trustees and Corsicana Education Foundation.
The award categories were announced by campus and by district
- Volunteer of the Year – Presented to select high achieving volunteers who give their time on a campus(es) to enhance the learning environment for students and teachers.
- Superintendent’s Paraprofessional of the Year – Presented to a paraprofessional(s) who exhibits outstanding qualities as a representative of the district.
- Operations Person of the Year – Presented to an operations professional(s) who exhibits outstanding qualities as a representative of the district.
- Distinguished Teacher – Presented to an outstanding teacher at each campus who demonstrates innovative teaching techniques and exceptional accomplishments in the classroom.
- Special Education Distinguished Teacher - Selected by the Special Education Director, this award recognizes the outstanding efforts of a Special Education Teacher throughout the district.
- Rising Star Award - This award is given to teachers with five years or less experience who demonstrate innovation in the classroom, excellence in education, and leadership potential.
- The Golden Apple Award and the Mark C. Culwell Award recipients are selected from the Distinguished Teachers by the School Board of Trustees. The Golden Apple Award is for an outstanding secondary teacher, and the Mark C. Culwell Award is for an outstanding elementary teacher.
- Retirees – All CISD retirees are recognized and acknowledged for their years of service and commitment to CISD.
“We have exceptional employees and volunteers who go above and beyond expectations. It is an honor to recognize these individuals for a job well done,” said Dr. Frost.