Welcome to first grade at Navarro Elementary! I am looking forward to an exciting year teaching and working with your child. The children will be making many adjustments as they change from Kindergarten routines, responsibilities, and expectations to those that are expected in First Grade.
The children will be taught Reading, Spelling, English, Writing, Math, Science, and Social Studies. Our class will attend Library, Music, Computer Lab, and P.E. throughout the week.
It is important that your child attend school everyday. School will begin at 7:50 each morning. If your child arrives in the classroom after the 7:50 bell, he/she will be marked tardy for the day. Doctor's notes will be required for their absence to be excused.
1. Listen when your teacher is talking.
2. Respect yourself and others.
3. Follow directions quickly.
4. Raise your hand to speak in whole group.
5. Be safe, be kind, be honest.
1. The student is given a verbal warning and reminded of the expectation.
2. The student is given another warning and will move clip down.
3. The student will lose a privilege and move clip down.
4. The teacher will have to contact a parent and the student will move clip down again.
5. The student will have to go to the office if the behavior continues.
I am looking forward to working with you to make this a very special and rewarding year for your child.
Due to COVID 19 home schooling, these will be the hours I will be available to assist with any of your needs: