Degrees and Certifications:
Find It Fast
Frequently asked Questions
Q: What programs are at the Drane Learning Center?
A: State-mandated Pre-K Program, Dual Language Pre-K Program, Preschool Program for Children with Disabilities, Head Start, and the Gifted and Talented Program for elementary students. Other departments housed on this campus include CISD Child Nutrition.
Q: What is the Dual Language Program for Pre-K?
A: The Dual Language Program is an intensive program taught in both the English and Spanish language. Students must be evaluated/tested to enter into this unique program. For families who not qualify for the free Pre-K program, this program accepts students on a tuition-basis. The tuition for the Dual Language Pre-K, full day is $250 per month.
Q: What is Head Start?
A: Head Start is a federally-funded program that promotes school readiness of young children from low-income families. Head Start and Early Head Start programs support the mental, social, and emotional development of children from birth to age 5.
Q: What is ECSE?
A: Early Childhood Special Education, (ECSE), provides special education services for any eligible child with an identified need who is between the ages of 3 and 5.
Q: What days/times does the Early Childhood Center operate at Drane?
A: The Drane Center follows the Corsicana ISD district calendar and observes all student holidays. The CISD Pre-K program is a full day, beginning 8:00 am until 3:30 pm.
Q: Where are programs located in the Drane Learning Center?
A: Head Start and ECSE 3-Year old classes are located on A Level, or ground floor, along with some of the CISD Pre-K classes. Remaining Pre-K classrooms are located on B Level, or 2nd floor, where offices and meeting rooms are located, and the Gifted and Talented Program is on the C Level, or 3rd floor.
Q: Will breakfast be provided to all students? Lunch?
A: Yes, all students attending this campus receive breakfast in their classroom. Lunch is served in the cafeteria.
Q: Will my child be required to wear special clothing?
A: The Drane Learning Center Pre-K program follows the Standardized Dress program that all CISD schools adhere to. More information can be found online www.cisd.org.
Q: Is there a nurse on campus? Security?
A: A CISD Nurse and Police Officer are located on the campus.
Q: Who leads this campus?
A: Lisa West, Director of Early Childhood Programs, email@example.com
Q: Will the buses run in the morning to bus the pre-k students to the Drane Center?
A: No. Parents will need to provide transportation. (Only students who qualify for Early Childhood Special Education, or ECSE, qualify to ride the bus. For more information, or to find out if your child qualifies, please contact the DLC office at 903-874-8281.)
Q: Where will the drop off and pick up lines be located? Will it be the same for the PPCD students?
A: Pick-up and drop-off locations will be discussed at the “Meet the Teacher” event.
Q: Will my child participate in “specials” classes?
A: Your child will get to exercise, sing & use the computers in class during the school day.
Drane Learning Center to offer full-day Pre-K Fall 2019
2019-2020 Pre-K RegistrationAll Pre-Kinder classes are housed at the Drane Learning Center.CISD offers two options for Pre-K students who must be age 4 by Sept. 1, 2019.Dual Language Program Pre-K: Where students learn in both English and Spanish languages, and desire to continue elementary school in the Dual Langauge Program at Sam Houston Elementary.Regular Pre-K: Pre-K offered to qualified families. See list of eligibility requirements.2019-2020 Eligibility Requirements for free Pre-Kindergarten programs at CISD.
Please bring the following documents required for enrollment in either the Dual Lanuage Pre-K, or the state required Pre-K.
- The student must be age 4 as of Sept. 1, 2019
- Be unable to speak and comprehend the English language
- Be educationally disadvantaged, which means a student eligible to participate in the national free or reduced-price lunch program
- Be homeless, as defined by 42 United States Code (U.S.C.) Section 1143a, regardless of the residence of the child, of either parent of the child, or of the child's guardian or other person having lawful control of the child
- Be the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority;
- Be the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty;
- Be in, or have been in, the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code;
- Be the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as a peace officer (3106.002), firefighter (3106.003), or emergency medical first responder (3106.004
- certified birth certificate,
- social security card,
- current shot records, and
- proof of address (current utility bill)
- proof of income
For students age 4 as of Sept. 1, 2019
Drane Learning Center
100 South 18th Street
Corsicana, TX 75110
Full Day Pre-K to begin Aug. 14, 2019
8am - 3:30pm
Drane will open at 7:15 a.m. for early arrivals.
Lisa West, Director of Early Childhood, firstname.lastname@example.org
Brandy Thompson, Counselor, email@example.com
Ariana Lopez, Registrar, firstname.lastname@example.org
PRE-K PARENTS: PLEASE ADD RESTING MATS TO YOUR SCHOOL SUPPLY LIST! (KINDER-MATS ONLY, NO CLOTH)
PADRES DE PRE-K: ¡POR FAVOR AGREGUE LAS COLCHONETAS DE DESCANSO A LA LISTA DE UTILES DE SU ESCUELA! (SOLO KINDER-MATS, NO CLOTH)