Pre-Kindergarten Information – Drane Learning Center
To be eligible for enrollment in a free Pre-Kinder class, a child must be 4 years of age on September 1 of the current school year and must:
- be unable to speak and comprehend the English language; or
- be educationally disadvantaged (eligible to participate in the National School Lunch Program [NSLP); or
- be homeless; or
- be the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserved component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority; or
- be the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserved component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- have ever been in the conservatorship (foster care) of the Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) following an adversary hearing.
Dual Language Pre-Kindergarten – Drane Learning Center
CISD also offer a tuition-based Pre-K Dual Language program. The student must be 4 years old by Sept 1 of the current school year. The Dual Language Pre-K program is for students to learn both English and Spanish. This is an intensive program where classes are taught in both languages. Before students are accepted to the Dual Language program, they must be evaluated to determine their level of readiness. Students enrolled in the Dual Language Pre-K continue to Sam Houston Elementary where they continue the dual language development through 4th grade. The tuition for the Dual Language PreK is $250 per month.
The following documents are required to register your child. While you may enroll online, these documents need to be turned-in to the school's front office before school begins.
- certified birth certificate
- social security card
- current shot records, and
- proof of address (current utility bill)
- proof of eligibility (for the free Pre-K program)